Monday, February 07, 2005

Avoiding the Sun

I spent most of the day in and out of the house, avoiding the Sun. I was determined not to get any more sunburnt that I am already. I went to the swimming pool at 4.30pm and had another game of beach volleyball. This time it was three-a-side. And since two of the players were women (Dutch lesbians I think which is a pity since one was a real looker), I wasn't the worst player today. We won one game each.

Then the usual evening routine - shower, read some of my book, drink at bar then dinner. I'm not coping with dinner. We no longer eat any lunch so I'm pretty hungry by dinner time - but nothing prepares you for the seven course monstrosity that the hotel serves up. By the third course I was full; by course five I was feeling sick; and by seven I felt ill.

Tonight's entertainment was a group of Masai Mara warriors. After their dancing, it was the usual hard sell. Margaret bought a necklace and bracelet.

I was in bed by 10pm - feeling like I'd eaten a cow (it was a lamb actually).

1 Comments:

At 11:23 am, Blogger essay best said...

I hate sunburns too. One should especially be careful given the probability of skin cancer today.But, looks like a good day spent. Keep us posted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home