Friday, February 04, 2005

Dinner at the Indian Ocean

After lunch I went for a swim in the outdoor swimming pool. Hooray! The water's warm! The pools at the lodges were freezing. I was invited to play volleyball at 5pm - which I did - badly. I was just getting the hang of it by the end! One other white guy played - and he was as bad as me. I returned to the house at 5.30pm, showered and prepared for dinner.

Semi-fromal dress is required for dinner. And what a dinner! It was a five course affair but I only had three. The food has been good everywhere but this place is probably the best. I've eaten more than usual and I feel like I've put on some weight.

After dinner there was a "cabaret". Actually, it was a bunch of kids miming to Western music and dancing. Pretty tacky. We returned to our house at 10pm - blinded by sleep. Our bed is huge - with a mosquito net but there aren't many mosquitos here - probably due to the sea breeze.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home